Copy / Paste with Shared Connections
- Where to find it:
- Layers Palette / Right Mouse Click / Edit /
- Main Window / Layers / Edit /
- Main Window / Extension Pack / Layers /
- Shortcut: (unassigned, use "Edit / Shortcuts" to assign)
Depending on the number of copied layers and the amount of shared layers/channels contained in their mask and adjustment stacks, pasting layers may take several seconds to complete.
The Default Mari Copy and Paste to duplicate a layer selection in a different location does not respect sharing.
- copied,originally shared layers will be pasted as unique, unshared layers
- when copying a channel layer, the channel the channel layer originates from will be duplicated
The Extension Pack Copy/Paste with Shared Connections rectifies this issue.
- Shared Layers will always be relinked to their original source, including in Mask Stacks
- Pasted Channel Layers will be relinked to the original channel, without unnecessary channel duplication
In addition, If a Layer in the Layerstack has Nodegraph connections feeding into it that use Radio Nodes,
creating a copy with shared connections will now always treat the radio node as a shared resource between both layers.
This means that the new shared Layer will share the will share the same nodes that fed into the original Radio Node.