Bake Visible to selected Paint Node by Jens Kafitz, based on a system node by the foundry.
- Where to find it: (This Node is available in the Nodegraph only)
- NodeGraph / Right Mouse Click / Add Nodes / Misc / Extension Pack /
The Bake Visible to selected Paint Node (short BaketoPaint) is a special Node that allows you to bake nodes non-destructively into a paintable Node.
It is a Node-ified version of an internal process that Mari runs on each Bake Process.
Other than Mari's default 'Bake Point' Nodes, this allows you to still paint on the baked result.
Sample of a Bake Visible to Selected paint Node in Combination with an 'Empty with Skip' Node
where you can continually update the Paintable Node with information from the Chain above.
Here shown in the old Mari 3.0 'Top to Bottom' Nodeview mode.
Other than Mari's default right-mouse click 'Bake to Paint Node' Option this Node allows you to keep overwriting
the same paintable Node over and over without the need to create a new one on each bake process, meaning that
you can set up the resolution and bitDepth of a paintable Node once and keep writing changes into it.
The Bake Visible to Selected Paint Node will write the result of the currently viewed Nodes (from a Viewer Node)
in to the selected paintable Node
- Attach the Node(s) you want to Bake to the 'Source' Connection of the BakeToPaint Node
- Select the BakeToPaint Node and press '1' to view it.
- Attach a paintable Node to the 'Target' Connection (optional, there is no connection required for it to work)
- With the paintable Node marked as paint target press 'BAKE' in the BakeToPaint Node properties.
Current Paint Targets are indicated by a slightly different shade
The steps how to bake into an existing paint node. Here shown in the old Mari 3.0 'Top to Bottom' Nodeview mode.