Why is the recommended Mari Version different than the minimum required Mari Version ?
The Main MARI Application changes with every version. While Extension Pack will try and make use of the latest features available,
in order to ensure users with older MARI versions can still run Extension Pack, certain features might not be available.
Below is a list of features that react differently between Mari Versions
- Display of Node Properties for Gizmos and Smart Masks in Layerstack
When using MARI 4.5 or higher Smart Masks will display their properties within the Layerstack.
This option is not available in Mari 4.1 or 4.2.
To edit your Smart Mask in Mari 4.1 and 4.2 you will have to open the Smart Mask Node Properties from the Nodegraph
- Multi-Output Support on Nodes
When using MARI 4.5 all Extension Pack Tools will be fully aware of Nodes with multiple Output Ports.
In Mari 4.1 and 4.2 Extension Pack Tools will always default to the first Output Port
- Blurring of Input Images
Several Extension Pack Nodes allow you to blur images used within Nodes.
Blurring of Image data requires Mari 4.6v2 or higher
Example of the MipMap Blur setting found in a node.
- Installation of additional shelf content - Textures
Extension Pack ships with a collection of included Grunge and Imperfection Textures that get added to the standard Mari Shelf.
Automatic installation of this shelf content requires Mari 4.5 or higher.
If you are using a version earlier than 4.5 you can find
- the textures inside your /Scripts/MariExtensionPack_5R3/Resources/Textures Folder.
You will then have to manually load them into Mari via the image manager.
- Installation of additional shelf content - Material Templates
Extension Pack ships with a collection of Material Presets that get added to the standard Mari Shelf.
Due to some presets using Mari 4.6 nodes, Material Presets require Mari 4.6 or higher
If you are using a version earlier than 4.6 you can find
- the material presets inside the /Scripts/MariExtensionPack_5R3/Resources/MaterialPresets Folder.
You will then have to manually load them into Mari via e.g. the Nodegraph Right Mouse Click / Load Material Function.
- Node Alignment
The Ability to align nodes with each other is restricted to Mari 4.7 or above
- Drag and Drop Support
The Ability to
- Drag and Drop Images from the Image Manager into Nodegraph or Layerstack
- Drag and Drop Color Swatches into the Layerstack
- Drag and Drop Mask Shelf Presets into the Layerstack
... is restricted to Mari 4.7 or above